Business Intelligence Analyst
Descripción de la oferta
At Frontiers we are on a mission to make science open to everyone. Research is the foundation of modern society and it is thanks to advances in science that we enjoy longer, healthier, and more prosperous lives than ever before in human history. We are an open access technology-based publisher, and we are growing FAST. In the 10+ years of Frontiers we have disrupted the STEM publishing world and are now one of the largest, most-read and most-cited publishers globally.
We are passionate about our mission and we welcome all those who are dynamic, collaborative, courageous and rigorous. Come join us to help make science open – Your Impact Matters!
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Data Intelligence Team. Your passion for data visualisation and analysis will be critical to your success in helping our team continually deliver new and innovative BI solutions.
This role reports to the Internal Data Intelligence Manager and you will be working with cross-functional teams across operations and directly with executive management to guide business decisions through data. You will use your data exploration and transformation skills in SQL to ultimately create dynamic dashboards in Tableau.
- Design, develop, and maintain reporting dashboards based on end-user specifications
- Extract insights and actionable recommendations with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions for decision making and key strategic initiatives.
- Analyse complex data to determine correlation and data integrity issues.
- Work with business users, software, and data engineers, to ensure enterprise BI solutions are reliable, scalable, and flexible.
- Continually evaluate new technologies and keep up-to-date with current technology enhancements to meet current and future business intelligence, reporting, and application development needs.
- Excellent expertise in SQL, including the ability to clean, extract and manipulate data, and related tools (SSMS, Visual Studio).
- At least two years experience using Tableau to create and develop dashboards (Tableau certification is highly desirable!)
- Experience in delivering complex reporting and analysis from multiple data sources
- Ability to solve problems using a balance of technical competence, creativity, and pragmatism
- Highly detail-oriented emphasising accuracy
- Well-developed time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Experience working with Agile methodologies in small development
- Good command of the English language
With over 35 nationalities across our offices in London, Lausanne, Madrid, Seattle, and Beijing, you can certainly say that we are a diverse company. You will have the opportunity to work with teammates in other offices, as well as with researchers, editors, and authors from across the globe.
Our Lausanne HQ (designed for us) is spread over 3 floors, including a large canteen with a Foosball table and a multi-purpose room used for regular free yoga classes. Our other offices are hosted at WeWork and include communal spaces with coffee bars and activities all week. We are very socially active and organize lots of fun activities, ranging from happy hours, parties, sports events and much more.
- 25 days holidays + Office Closure over the Christmas period
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme
- Access to the latest equipment
- Commitment to growing and nurturing our people for the long-term. We spend 5% of our time working on our own projects to promote learning and innovation; as well as regular ‘master class’ sessions to share knowledge.
- Extensive learning opportunities through our LinkedIn Learning partnership
- Flexible working framework - We offer a flexible working framework and support Remote Working opportunities across Madrid
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including, based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.