Descripción de la oferta
We are looking for a multifaceted software engineer and technical leader to join our Telemetry Data Platform team. You will be working closely with the organization's leadership, and help identify the most high-leverage projects and help them succeed!
The primary focus will be our internal platform, which includes:
- Our rapidly growing cloud footprint, primarily in AWS- Multi-account, Multi-region and AWS IAM with cross-account access
- Our rapidly shrinking data-centre footprint
- The tooling that makes up our platform
- Infrastructure as Code - Terraform etc.
- Container networking (e.g. Istio, Envoy)
- AWS load balancing and routing (ALB, NLB, Direct Connect, Transit Gateway)
What You’ll Do
- Engage, embed, and go deep with teams on a project-by-project basis to help drive high-value efforts to completion
- Coach and mentor the teams you collaborate with on software development practices and developing balanced, maintainable solutions
- Encourage and role-model a strong written culture - a must for our continent-spanning engineering team even before the recent emphasis on remote collaboration
- Rapidly mastering technologies and architecture of the systems with high stakes objectives where you’ll need creative approaches to realize them.
- Substantial experience in software development and technical leadership
- Familiarity with the DevOps tool space, CI/CD, Orchestration, etc.
- Experience automating network configuration in AWS (e.g. using Terraform)
- Strong communication, collaboration skills with self-directed and self-managing working style.
- Comfortable with a range of work from fast proof of concept to careful contributions in risk-averse problem domains!
- Service discovery technologies like Consul and service mesh technologies like Istio and Envoy
- Experience with CDNs (e.g. Cloudflare, Fastly, CloudFront), hybrid or multi-cloud environments
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.