Data Analyst (Product)
Descripción de la oferta
Preply is a global language learning marketplace, connecting 15,000 tutors with tens of thousands of students from all over the world.
Founded in 2012 and backed by some of the world’s leading investors, Preply is on a mission to shape the future of effective learning. Fueled by a belief that live engagement with a teacher is still the most effective way to learn a new skill, Preply is building a personalised learning space that will enable individual learners to reach their goals in the fastest way possible.
Powered by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, Preply now has 180 employees of over 25 nationalities based between Barcelona and Kyiv. Preply is driven by a culture of experimentation and data-driven learnings, focused on building best-in-class consumer and enterprise solutions.
As the company looks to increase momentum and scale geographically, this is a unique opportunity to join one of the most vibrant and attractive start-up communities in the world.
Preply is looking for an experienced professional to join its Data team and handle data aspects related to our product, understanding user behavior and activity. Your objective will not only be to analyze data but also to generate and deliver usable data & insights at various levels of the organization. This role will give support to the Payment squad.
As a Data Analyst, you will:
- Provide accurate, deep and thorough data analysis of matters linked to the usage of the product (website, Preply Space for lessons, on desktop, mobile web and app)
- Together with the rest of the Data team, define the main KPI to follow and implement daily/weekly monitoring
- Initiate deep digging analysis of subjects that will arise from such monitoring
- Ensure that the right data is tracked accurately and made available within our databases and data warehouse, develop our analytics capabilities
- Provide deep insights on how our users (students & tutors) understand and drive value from our product, always go deeper
- Work with the product teams to identify new opportunities for growth
- Implement dashboards and reports in Tableau to follow all KPI related to product usage
- Monitor all A/B tests run by the organization
- Through regular and ad hoc analysis, provide actionable insights and best practices to product teams and managers
- Contribute to requirements definition across Product, Analytics and Engineering for a suite of data tools and projects (ML micro-services, visualization tool, new ETL framework, etc.).
What we are after:
- Degree in Engineering/Statistics /Mathematics
- 4-5 years of experience as a Data Analyst
- Strong knowledge of SQL required, Python or R a plus
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on marketplace equations
- Experience building sophisticated reports in Tableau, Looker or other BI tools
- Experience with comprehensive A/B testing frameworks
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Adwords, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Good understanding of a variety of data analysis concepts such as conversions, LTV/CAC, ROI, Cohort analysis, Retention framework (Reforge retention framework), etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
What we offer:
- An opportunity for personal and professional growth, supported by high functioning teams, stellar investors and the exciting challenges that come with joining a company at the start of its growth trajectory;
- An environment free of bureaucracy and corporate constraints; a culture where your opinion is highly valued and appreciated;
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and international culture;
- A monthly allowance for self-development on Preply.com
- A competitive financial package, with generous leave allowance and health insurance.
Diversity is important for us :
Preply is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.