Set Dressing/Final Layout Lead
Descripción de la oferta
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
In Scene Comp we assemble locations, then we pass this set information to other departments, and finally we gather and optimize the content of each shot before moving into Lighting and Compositing departments.
As a Lead,you will be involved in several processes such as asset publication, location assembling process, set dressing per sequence, shot construction, optimization, rendering, publication and support.
- Building of outstanding locations with an optimal usage of assets.
- Creation of distributions using scattering tools such as Mash or similar.
- Improve shot framing per camera (strong image composition skills required).
- Make efficient use of assets in the construction of complex but feasible locations.
- Handle complex scenes (set, characters, crowds, simulations, lighting sets…)
- Troubleshoot complex scenes.
- Debug complex shot renders (Using Arnold renderer).
- Take responsibility of your own publications (Quality check on SC outputs)
- Keep up on current artistic methodologies and on technology trends and tools that best suit the production and the company, in the development of a stronger creative and technical environment
- Leads the team providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that contribute towards their artistic and professional growth, making sure all the assets follow the quality standards and artistic direction and that achieves the deadlines.
- Follows Supervisor’s guidance.
- 6 years or more of professional experience
- At least 1 year of experience as Lead in the animation industry.
- Experience with Autodesk Maya software usage: (references, caches…)
- Experience with Maya Mash scattering system
- Experience with Arnold Renderer
- Programming knowledge (Python)
- High English level
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.