Sr. Database Administrator
Descripción de la oferta
“Delivering innovative digital magazine content on every device in every country”
Zinio brings innovation and inspiration to the world of magazine publishers and consumers by delivering the ultimate digital reading experience on any device. As a pioneer Zinio operates online web newsstands and award-winning iOS and Android apps, providing access to digital magazines & articles in more than 30 languages, which can be read online and offline on any platform.
Zinio Pro converts print magazines to digital content through a Software as a service (SaaS) platform that transforms PDF to other formats such as XML, ePub or ANF and distributes it to different platforms such as Amazon Kindle, Apple News or Zinio Pro’s white label publisher web and mobile apps.
The company has delivered 750M digital magazine editions across more than 8,500 titles from 1,300 publishers in 200 countries to over 10M customers.
We are looking for a Senior DBA to reinforce our Engineering team in our Barcelona office.
- Working with the Operations team to complete capacity planning and scalability tests.
- Coordinate with other teams on data consistency, availability, and usage. Work alongside Business Intelligence and Backend teams to provide solutions for data management.
- Focus on automating/delegating operations (backups, upgrades, patching).
- Recovering applications in the event of a failure and working with other system administrators and developers.
Minimum of +5 years of experience with these technologies:
- Linux administration.
- SQL and NoSQL skills with experience in at least one of the following technologies: Required MySQL, and optional Percona, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Cassandra, or DocumentDB.
- Cloud-native AWS (Amazon), Rackspace (OpenStack) or GCE. Experience with managed solutions, and knowledge on when to apply which one is highly valued.
Nice to have:
- Experience with: Python, Bash, Ruby.
- Experience with Docker or container concept highly valued.
- Prior experience provisioning and configuration management using; Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible highly valued.
- Experience in a High Availability project.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- We are a technology company, so we invest in technology and our people!
- We lead our sector of activity and always facing new challenging projects.
- We have a highly skilled team that will let you learn from your colleagues: knowledge sharing is strongly encouraged and lived.
- You will be part of a multicultural team, working with different countries and time zones.
- We have a fun, friendly & international work environment.
- Flexible working hours and availability of work from home.
We offer great benefits including:
- Open space office in Barcelona with awesome views.
- Team-building activities.
- Free digital magazines.
- Fresh fruit, tea & good (unlimited) coffee.
- Yoga classes.
We offer a competitive salary package and a flexible salary plan including:
- Health Insurance Program.
- Meal, Public Transportation Card & Nursery.
If you are interested, please apply sending your CV in English with all data relevant to the position