Descripción de la oferta
Hi, my name is Pedro and I'm the Development Manager of Frontiers' SDD team in Madrid. We are a great family of SW engineers and QA engineers, working in close interaction with our colleagues from OPS, Data Science, Product Management, and the rest of departments in IT. Believe me when I say that we really love our job: the work environment is great, the sense and mission of our team is exciting, and the expertise and seniority of everyone around makes that every single day you will learn new things and enjoy the work.
I have a vacancy in my team of team leaders, and I'd like to open this opportunity to you. I'm looking for a QA Coordinator who helps me defining the goals and road-map for QA in my area, and who can effectively lead and evolve the QA Engineering team. You must be able to trace the maturity roadmap for QA practice, and help me bringing the teams along that road.
But not everything is on the technical side of it: Of course a strong QA background is an absolute must, but leadership skills are just as essential. You must master in the QA arena, but you must also be proactive, inspiring and persuasive, and be a true leader at the head of your projects and initiatives, showing the way to go.
And what about us? Well, I invite you to check Frontiers as a company, our mission, and how we envision the society and the world. It's so important to feel comfortable working in a company you can be proud of! By working with us you will play a key role in shaping the future of science and academic publishing, and the way it affects the people, the planet and the evolution of our society. If this resonates with you please check the job description below, maybe you are the person that can help us!
What you do
- You lead and evolve the QA team, creating a culture of excellence that brings your team to the next maturity level.
- You apply market best practices in coordinating QA activities across several agile teams.
- You lead your initiatives and projects in a proactive way, showing the way to your colleagues.
- You help our agile development teams to cultivate a quality mindset.
- You map business and technical requirements into test suites, test cases, test scripts and consistently execute them, reporting and analyzing results in a timely manner
- You monitor all stages of the SDLC to identify and resolve bugs and glitches in order to meet quality standards, assisting in troubleshooting with clients and development teams.
- You understand and evaluate risk factors as they relate to changing requirements.
How you do it
- You coach and mentor your QA colleagues taking special care of their professional development.
- You build a solid trust relationship with your colleagues and counterparts, that allows you to lead the way
- You stay up-to-date with new QA testing tools and strategies, including automated testing.
- You help our agile teams in defining the acceptance criteria and definition of ready for their user stories, and incorporating automated test processes/cycles into each sprint.
- You maintain a strong working relationships through detail-oriented and effective communication.
- You contribute to the overall software quality by ensuring SOLID and testable code.
You will lead our QA Engineering team coordinating your fellow QA engineers, who will work integrated in their respective agile development teams. Supported by a Scrum Master and Product Owner, our agile teams usually work in 2 week sprints.
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role.
- Prior hands-on experience as a QA Engineer, you are more than just a team Coordinator.
- Strong knowledge of current industry-wide Quality & Test processes and practices, tools and techniques, including experience in automation frameworks.
- Natural leader, proactive. We don't need to push you for doing things, you take the initiative and lead the way ahead.
- Ability to understand complex interconnected systems and grasp functional knowledge with ease
- Comfortable handling uncertainty in evolving scenarios, able to understand priorities and balance them
- Familiarity with Agile framework.
- Previous experience working in T-SQL / C# environments is a real advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, you hold your work to high standards.
- Analytical mind and strong organization and problem-solving skills
- You are willing to Travel to the Frontiers' headquarters in Switzerland occasionally.
- You have good English skills, we are an international company and English is our working language
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary.
- 25 leave days.
- Great work-life balance.
- A top-notch office in an awesome location
- Great flexibility for working from home.
- Fresh fruit, snacks and coffee.
- English classes.
- Flexible retribution scheme (nursery cheques, restaurant pass, transportation).
- Team building/sport activities and monthly social events.
- Lots of opportunities to work with exciting technologies and solve challenging problems.
- Joining a company that can really boost the beneficial impact of science on people, society and the planet
Please submit your application in English (cover letter and resume).
Applicants must be Spanish or EU citizen, or have a valid Spanish work permit.
Agencies must first contact [email protected] and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.
Thanks for your time checking the job description, if you think you can match with the role don't hesitate to send us your CV, I'm looking forward to hearing from you!