Descripción de la oferta
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $134m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel industry.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion—by simplifying the process for everyone involved.
In spite of the ongoing global pandemic, we’re continuously growing and adapting to the situation. We’re turning lemons into lemonade—because we’re innovators. We’ve even developed TravelCare, our very own travel risk management tool, to ensure business travelers are safe and sound before, during, and after their trips. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
We are looking for a Data Operations Engineer to help improve in the 3 main pillars of Data Operations: Data Governance, Tracking & Data Integration. This Role’s mission will be:
- Ensure we are able to keep all data in our DWH updated and accessible for the analysis.
- Partner with the Data analysts to support the requirements of the company in terms of analytics, reliability and efficiency
- Develop and maintain data pipelines to extract data from different sources and integrate it in the DWH following data modeling best practices
What you will do:
- Take charge of the required data processing while ensuring a sustainable and organic growth of the data model and the infrastructure
- Keep our data infrastructure up to date and working like a clock
- Work with stakeholders across multiple departments to convert their requirements into tracking specifications and coordinate tracking implementation
- Integrate and model datasets from different sources
- Support our Data Analysts to build awesome dashboards
- Support Product and Analytics teams at defining the best approaches for data modeling, mining and production
- Use data to investigate and help resolve issues in our product or processes
- Proactively suggest improvements to data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Champion a healthy data culture throughout the organization
What you need:
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- 3+ years of relevant experience as a Data Engineer, Business Intelligence, Big-Data Engineer or similar role working with large-scale data systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English
- You are a Master in SQL, optimizing queries for performance, scalability, and ease of maintenance
- You feel comfortable querying different type of databases (ie PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redshift) and knowledge of AWS technologies
- You’re an ace at data modeling, accustomed to designing and implementing complex architectures with a constant eye on their future evolution, while taking into account the needs of multiple users
- You have experience integrating data from multiple sources including DBs, product tracking, and APIs. You get excited by seeing your jobs run like clockwork
- You have instinct for automation
- You have the desire to work in an international environment, with minimal direction, and with highly engaged individuals
Bonus points for…
- Experience with AWS Redshift or other distributed systems (Hadoop, Vertica, Exasol, etc.). Basic DBA skills
- Experience in web analytics and web tracking and event based analytics tools
- Experience with workflow managers (Airflow, Luigi, etc.)
- Experience with python
- Experience with AWS infrastructure and Terraform
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Annual Leave: Spain: 24 days plus public holidays
- Healthcare: Spain: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Flexibility to work from home most of the time
- A unique, diverse culture with incredible people!
Flexible Work Policy
- Until local governments and health professionals say it is safe to work from an office, TravelPerk will offer you 100% remote working from the country you are employed in.
- Once it is safe, you will need to be based in or relocate to Spain for this position.
- You can be based anywhere in Spain but we will require you to travel to the Barcelona office twice per week.
- In addition, every quarter you will be required to travel to Barcelona for up to 5 days to meet with your whole team and the rest of the company for an event.
- We have flexible working hours to fit around your life.
- Team members that want to go to the office more than twice per week are welcome to!
We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world, English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to make sure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of how you look, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you, well, you.