Descripción de la oferta
We are a global scale-up from Barcelona, born in 2015, dedicated to changing the way the world uses energy. We envision a world free from fossil fuels and we believe the first step in this journey is creating solutions that make electric vehicle charging easier for everyone.
We’re devoted to researching and developing state-of-the-art electric vehicle charging solutions for homes, businesses, and cities. And this way, our mission is to create more sustainable ways of using and sharing energy.
We want to empower people to create, use and share renewable energy in ways they never imagined.
Wallbox currently operates in over 60+ countries and has offices in Barcelona, Madrid, Shanghai, San Francisco, London, Nice and Amsterdam. We are powered by a culture of trust, innovation and diversity. For us, talent has no borders. We have more than 500+ dedicated experts from over 35+ different nationalities working together to create the most innovative products and the best experiences for our customers.
This culture has shown to be rewarding in many ways - amongst them, the creation of the world’s first bidirectional charger, the Quasar, and the recognition as the best of CES 2020 in transportation technology. We have recently closed a financial investment that has brought the total round to €33M and we’ve been recognized as LinkedIn's Top 5 Startups 2020 in Spain.
At the end of the day, working at Wallbox is at the same time challenging, fun and rewarding. If you like the idea of a dynamic environment, desire to work alongside an incredibly talented, fast-growing team and believe in the future of sustainable transportation, this is the place for you.
Are you ready to change the world with us?
About the role:
As the Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for defining the electrical requirements for the products also to identify and confirm product requirements versus the grid. Working together with the functions involved in these activities, Tech, Sales, and Operations. Aligned with the Project responsible. The position will be integrated into the engineering organization; you will be reporting to the Project Manager as per the project operative and hierarchically to the HW Tech responsible.
- Implement a new working environment based on Solid Works Electrical.
- Identify suppliers along with purchase and coordinate them.
- Coordinate internally and with external companies for the electrical product industrialization.
- Work closely with the mechanical department for the electrical-mechanical system integration, as well as other company departments like purchases, validation, and certification.
- Define and design the electrical cabinets as per specifications and according to the different regulations.
- Design of electrical installations for multiple chargers in coordination with some of our partners.
- Design panels in collaboration with the UI/UX department.
- Build prototypes and proof of concepts.
- Provide and generate all the documentation required for deliverables.
- Ensure proper design reviews and documentation.
- Manage documentation and maintenance during all the lifespan of a product.
- Stay up to date of the electrical regulation affecting our products.
- Bachelors or master’s degree, preferable in electrical engineering.
- Previous working experience of at least 3 years in electrical systems design, thus: electrical cabinets, embedded installations (cars, trains, or planes), or machinery.
- Proven experience in Solid Works electrical.
- Basic skills in Solid Works.
- Experience in product certification.
- Knowledge in routing currents higher than 200A.
- Hands-on experience in cable routing and building electrical designs.
- High level of spoken and written English. Any other language is a plus.
Desired soft skills:
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Motivated and autonomous.
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge in IEC 61851-23, or previous experience in vehicle charger design.
- Driver license.
- 100% company paid individual medical & dental insurance, after six months
- Attractive compensation package, which includes a competitive bonus scheme based on performance
- Flexible working hours
- Friday afternoons off
- Possibility of working remote
- Opportunity to advance your payroll (under request)
- Unlimited coffee & beverages
- Language classes (English & Spanish)
- Sports channel, which offers online classes until our gym is opened
- Monthly “All Hands” & other team events
- Brand new canteen with a variety of breakfast and lunch dishes, everyday, for a discounted price
- Over 20 different nationalities
- No suits! Unless it’s Carnival or Halloween
Please submit your CV in English
*At Wallbox, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.