Descripción de la oferta
At Busuu we deal with over 60-Million data events per day and to keep us ahead of our competitors we are looking for motivated senior talent to join us to reach our next milestone.
Working at that scale is not always an easy task, and we know that there are challenges ahead, therefore we are looking for you, who wants to be part of a global expanding project and master the challenges together with us. There are more than exciting times ahead, the perception of EdTech has changed over the last year and more and more people engage with the self-paced, social-interacting learning as we offer it.
We think that you can live up to your passion and honest love for problem solving, at Busuu we support you in your quest for building a legacy, we want you to question the status quo.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who can engage with the engineering team on a product and engineering level.
As the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for managing the backlog, creating the strategy and deliverables to guarantee on-time delivery, high quality, availability and the evolution for future needs.
You will support your team with OKR settings, growth plans & best practices.
As a member of the Engineering Management team you will work closely together with your peers in Madrid and London.
What Makes An Amazing Engineering Manager At Busuu
- Excellent knowledge in PHP7 or similar and building scalable services.
- Solid knowledge of API design, RESTFul or gRPC.
- Exposure to high traffic platforms.
- Experience with SOLID, Design Patterns, TDD
- Experience working with legacy code base and its transition into Microservice-Architecture
- Experience in Agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, Lean
- Experience in Product Management methodologies, creating and managing roadmaps, and prioritising the work for a team
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Ability to work outside your comfort zone, take a problem and solve it with as much or as little support as you need.
Not ticking all the boxes is not a reason to not apply, you will get as well the opportunity to grow within the needed areas.
Being a part of Busuu - How do things work:
We are acutely aware that we are in unprecedented times and like all companies we need to adapt to this in order to safeguard our Busuu community. In order to do this we are constantly reviewing the government guidelines and adapting accordingly to accommodate the physical and mental wellbeing of our employees. In the current global climate, some of our team events are virtual and some of our benefits have been amended.
At Busuu we want to ensure that you have access to some great benefits:
- We have an amazing office which is available for you to work from if you would like to do so, this is completely optional at the moment in the current environment. If you would like to be in the office we have put in place lots of important social distancing practices to ensure you are safe to meet with your colleagues in person
- The office is well-equipped with free breakfast, plenty of snacks, fresh fruit and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late
- Social interaction is really important to us so we have lots of remote activities for you to join into such as team events, socials, online weekly quiz, etc
- Their is a personal training budget just for you, so you can learn more in your field, attend virtual conferences and events that you find interesting
- To keep you active and help your mindfulness we offer weekly virtual yoga sessions
- Busuu offers a great private health insurance scheme.
- We like to support our teams with their work life balance so we offer flexible working hours
- We offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process has the following steps:
- CV application review - We will review your CV as quickly as possible and update you on the next steps.
- Let's chat - Quick chat with our recruiter about your experience and the role.
- Video call interviews - Video calls with the tech team and the hiring manager.
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgement-free zone to speak freely.
If you like the sound of that, join us. We'd love to hear what you have to say.