Brand & Communications Lead
Descripción de la oferta
Spin is a fast-growing micro mobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you're searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We're passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people's lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with "fireside chats" chats led by our company's founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
The Brand and Communications Lead will build and execute local strategies across brand, communications, and public affairs in Spain.This position will be responsible for writing, producing, and scheduling content on Spin’s owned channels (incl video, photo, blog), corresponding with local and national journalists about Spin’s policy stances, and developing campaigns around safety, infrastructure, equity, and sustainability initiatives. This individual will be a key stakeholder in shaping the narrative that is communicated to cities, campuses, and the general public in Spain. The role will work closely with the Brand & Communications Team in the U.S. and Country Manager in Spain.
- Develop, build and maintain strong relationships with Spanish and Spain-based European media, PR and marketing agencies
- Lead messaging and copywriting for Spanish marketing materials
- Support internal teams in opening new markets executing a go-to-market plan that sparks explosive growth upon launch
- Create proactive brand and communications campaigns and support reactive media issues management
- Regular collaboration with corporate communications and public policy colleagues in the US, including parent company
- Develop storytelling and social media assets, working closely with executives and internal teams
- Set success metrics and challenge agencies to meet and exceed targets. Review regular reports and contribute to agency action plan
- Write news releases; pitch and secure Tier 1 media opportunities
- Help provide media training to company spokespeople
- There may be a need for 10% travel
- Bachelor’s degree required, with around 6+ years of relevant experience
- Comfortable acting as a company spokesperson with on-the-record media experience
- Ability to deliver results and exercise sound business judgment in fast-paced, changing, and sometimes ambiguous situations and environments
- Experience project handling and collaborating with PR and marketing agencies or teams in a cross-functional, international and multicultural work environment
- Savvy crisis management abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Spanish and English
- Competitive pay
- An international and warm team
- Chance to participate in something big!