General Manager, Catalonia
Descripción de la oferta
Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
General Manager is a key role for Spin. As the leader of Spin in your territory, you are responsible for developing the market from top to bottom - operations, marketing, rider experience, local partnerships and government relations. Great leadership and problem solving ability is key- you’ll be leading a local team and ensuring operational excellence in your market.
- Be responsible for the market P&L - focus on growing ridership and revenue
- Lead build-out, deployment, ongoing maintenance, and efficiency of Spin vehicles
- Scale and develop a local operations team
- Grow ridership through effective local marketing strategies, user growth campaigns, and key business partnerships
- Manage local politics and regulatory concerns
- Share your best practices to help scale our other cities
- 5 - 7+ years of operations management and / or consulting background with a Bachelor’s degree, MBA is a plus
- Strong experience in leading teams and management
- Analytical background: you can mold and understand data to drive action and results
- Excellent interpersonal skills: an ability to empower your team, and work effectively with local governments and businesses
- An entrepreneurial spirit - no problems with rolling up yours sleeves.
- SQL proficiency strongly preferred
- Fluent in English and Spanish, fluency in Catalan is a preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Expectation is to work the majority of the time in a Spin Operating Facility.
- Must be able to do limited travel to SPIN facilities or operating companies.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.