Backend Software Engineer II
Descripción de la oferta
Last year at Eventbrite organizers created 3 million events and we processed 150 million tickets. Behind all of those tickets and events is a number of teams working together to keep our product scalable and available as we grow. Our goal is to be the global platform for live experiences.
We're a people-focused Engineering organization: the women and men on our team value working together in small teams to solve big problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and committing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open source software. Our technology spans across web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, search, physical point of sale, and scanning systems.
As a Backend Engineer in the Listing Team, you’ll have a direct impact on the users that purchase tickets from Eventbrite; you’ll work on the page that the attendee faces before starting the Checkout flow. You will own the logic that defines how this page will be rendered, which options will the user have and how the user proceeds to the Checkout page to commit the actual purchase. Technically, this involves talking with different services, such as the ones responsible for delivering the price ranges, the event description, or creating the order itself. You will partner closely with the Ticket Availability and Checkout teams to handle the inventory details, the price range and the different information shared with the Checkout process.
THE TECH STACK
Our primary stack is Python and Django, all running on Amazon AWS with a MySQL backend. Some of the other tools that we use are Git, Kafka, Splunk, React or Backbone.
THE SKILL SET
- 3+ year experience building applications in a mainstream programming language, ideally Python
- 3+ year experience with a web framework, ideally Django
- 3+ year experience using a SQL database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc
- You have experience designing and developing APIs, both internal service and HTTP APIs
- Efficient, practical programmer with a record of producing maintainable code
- Ability to take initiative and produce results with great communication and collaboration skills
- Passion to learn and to mentor others
- English and Spanish conversational to advanced level
- Experience using non-relational databases like Elasticsearch and Redis
- Comfortable developing in a container environment like Docker
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins or CircleCI
- Experience working with modern frontend frameworks like React, Vue.js, or Backbone.js
- Experience being on a scrum team and/or is a scrum master
Eventbrite is a the world’s largest self-service ticketing platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Our mission? To bring the world together through live experiences. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.
Is this role not an exact fit?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.