Descripción de la oferta
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As the Senior Rigger, you will work closely with the Rigging Supervisor and a variety of departments, including R&D, Art, Modelling, Layout and Animation, to develop, implement, maintain and support character and prop deformation rigs for use in both Layout and Animation.
- Use deformers creatively to achieve a specific deformation called for by Animation with a concise set of animation controls.
- Follow a brief to produce complex production ready rig deformation of a high standard.
- Work with Animators to aid with deformation rigs and/or a broad range of motion requirements.
- Support rigs as they move through the pipeline and aid with additional deformation fixes for character shot.
- Keep up on current artistic methodologies and on technology trends and tools that best suit the production and the company in the development of a stronger creative and technical environment.
- Develop new techniques and processes to solve unique and technical character production challenges.
- Work together with the team providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that contribute towards their artistic and professional growth.
- Follow the Supervisor’s and Lead's guidance.
- 4+ years of professional experience in VFX or animation industries.
- Experience sculpting the face and working with facial blend shapes.
- Anatomical knowledge of facial muscles and their function.
- Experience using Maya in a production environment.
- Experience in shot sculpting in a high-pressure feature film environment.
- Experience with both mechanical and/or organic type rigs with preference in feature animation.
- Advanced Python , GUI scripting and the ability to follow strict coding standards.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.