Descripción de la oferta
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As a Layout Artist, you will generate the previsualization of the film and refine the final camera movements, in accordance with the established storytelling guidelines, working closely with the Layout Leads.
- Work on the creation of the movie preview stream, according to the Director's guidelines and reporting to the Lead.
- Work with the Layout Lead and Art Director to design and build simple schematics for set and props models.
- Create a rough layout, defining a blocking of character animation and cameras, following the previously marked storytelling.
- Ensure a proper breakdown of the scene as well as good management of their own work.
- Provide support with refining final camera movements.
- Collaborate with other teams, when necessary.
- Desirable editing skills, not so much at the technical level but more at the level of keeping the rhythm of a sequence and storytelling.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in VFX or animation industries.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in layout departments with storytelling.
- Knowledge of Maya.
- Proficient in English.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.