Employer Branding and Communications Lead
Descripción de la oferta
"We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
This role is crucial to support regional communications and employer branding with a focus on driving brand recognition in Barcelona (and Sofia) to position Ocado Technology as the employer of choice for top tech talent.
Role & Responsibilities
- Support the head-office with the local roll-out of communications and employer branding activities in line with global technology communications strategy
- Support development and roll-out of comms program in Bulgaria with the support of an agency
- Work closely with local brand ambassadors and technology evangelists to develop compelling local content and key messaging that highlights Ocado Technology’s cutting-edge development, technological leadership and culture of serial innovation and self-disruption
- Build and maintain events, awards, speaking opportunity and media calendars
- Build a strong employer brand through strengthening Ocado Technology’s profile across key talent touchpoints:
- Social media
- Local jobseeker platforms
- Local partnerships with eg academic institutions, user groups, community groups
- Public speaking
- Raise internal awareness about the importance of public speaking and technology evangelism for building a strong employer brand; raise awareness about the rules and procedures governing external media and public speaking engagements and ensure they are properly implemented; coach and support local technology evangelists with their communications challenges
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Significant relevant experience within technology communications at an agency or in-house.
- A high-level certified university degree.
- A solid grasp of the local tech market in Barcelona and a willingness to learn about the Bulgarian marketplace
- Outstanding command of the Spanish and English languages (knowledge of the Bulgarian language would be a plus)
- Passion for technology
- A proven track record of working in fast-moving environments, and as a communications facilitator in organisations with many stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to talk to people from all walks of life and to distil complex technical content on topics such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, automation electronics, mechanics, manufacturing, or logistics into engaging narratives that anticipate the needs of different audiences.
- Familiarity with tech blogs and knowledge of content creation practices.
- Strong team player who is self-motivated and able to multitask under pressure. You have the ability to solve problems with positive outcomes.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise work.
- Being Approachable, Proactive, Flexible, Engaged, Creative and Attentive.
- Comfortable and confident working with senior-level management.
- A passion for the exciting work of Ocado Technology.
- Craftsmanship – demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge and skill; upholds quality and continuous improvement; can adapt the ideas of others; displays high levels of initiative.
- Trust – demonstrates high levels of trust between individuals and teams; espouses respect, openness, honesty and knowledge sharing.
- Collaboration – works well with others and actively contributes towards team/department/division objectives to enable high performance of own and fellow teams; displays the generosity to help others succeed at own expense.
- Autonomy – accepts ownership of what they do; relishes empowerment to drive innovation; take accountability and responsibility of own actions.
- Learn Fast – ability to learn fast through experimentation; understands that failing is acceptable; recognises the importance of learning from failure quickly, without attributing blame.
- Leadership – proven ability to inspire, motivate and empower others; able to make tough decisions and handle difficult situations and face major challenges with positivity, confidence and pragmatism; adept communicator.
What we can offer you
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment, where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in-house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- 25 days of holidays per year
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance (3x your salary)
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Transport
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Gym membership discounts
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly social events
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- Tech Talks and internal trainings
- Developer exchange programmes between centres
- English and Spanish language courses
We are growing rapidly, making it a very exciting time to join, as we are building a brand new office in the [email protected] district.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.