Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Descripción de la oferta
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and the Phone Numbers organization is looking to expand internationally with a new office in Madrid, Spain to join our offices in San Francisco, California and Bogotá, Colombia. This full engineering team will be responsible for critical new projects and initiatives to innovate on one of the largest phone number inventories in the world. Phone Numbers underpins many products at Twilio and we are modernizing how they work! We are looking for a talented and passionate engineering manager who is excited to build a new world-class team in Madrid and lead the first Phone Numbers engineering team in Europe!
Twilio is looking for an engineering manager who lives the Twilio Magic and is excited to build and lead a new team in Madrid. They also have:
- 3+ years of experience building and leading engineering teams
- Past experience being a strong collaborator with product managers
- Aptitude working with an organization across multiple time zones in global offices
- Strong passion for developing and growing talent
- Values operational excellence and knows how to juggle new innovative development with delivering high quality and resilient products
- Previously built highly scalable and well architectured platforms
- Pragmatism, capacity to distill complex and ambiguous situations into
As an Engineering Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE BOLD & EMPOWER OTHERS: Build and grow your team and office. Hire the best talent, help your staff succeed through coaching and mentoring, and support your team members with their career development.
- BE INCLUSIVE, DRAW THE OWL & WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Lead your engineers, collaborate with Tech Leads, Architects and Product Managers to develop requirements and execution plans, define and track measurable goals for your team and help guide the product roadmap with accountability and ownership.
- DON'T SETTLE: Build great products and run them at the highest operational and architectural standards.
- BE AN OWNER: Be responsible for the team's performance including their products.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications.
Twilio's Phone Numbers team underpins the Programmable Communications Cloud and Engagement Cloud products. For nearly all our customers, their first interaction with Twilio is through acquiring and using a phone number. This team's responsibility is for the systems that power our global inventory. Aside from being one of the largest phone number inventories in the world, we are looking towards the future innovating new products to make our customers build even closer relationships with their users. Join us as we build the next generation of global communications endpoints.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our Madrid office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.