Software Engineer - Load Balancing-Engineering
Descripción de la oferta
At New Relic, we provide our customers with real-time insights, so they can innovate faster. Our software provides deep observability across the stack, enabling software teams to solve their customer’s problems, accelerate digital transformation, and make DevOps work.
You will be at the heart of the teams supporting New Relic’s infrastructure and will work on a team that provides global and datacenter load balancing solutions. These services are based in our own data centers using F5 devices and BIND, as well as within our constantly evolving multi-cloud environment.
We support each other to do our best work through positive communication and continuous improvement.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain F5 load balancers and DNS infrastructure, including the internal resolvers and the external zone providers.
- Maintain systems using infrastructure as code (Terraform) practices.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and bake stability into everything you do to ensure a healthy work/life balance for yourself and your team.
- Use available innovation time to bring your creative ideas to life
- Own and improve your team processes
- Collaborate across functions, e.g. Product Management and Design to bring the best solutions to market
- Experience with networking protocols, especially BGP, DNS, TCP, HTTP, and TLS.
- You understand and have command of common load balancers, including F5s
- Experience with DNS Infrastructure (NS1, AWS Route 53), S3, and CloudFront (or other CDNs)
- We use Linux and CoreOS, so you will have some experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- You are excited, not scared, by very high throughput levels
- You know when to deploy off-the-shelf solutions, and when something more bespoke might be required
- You ship incrementally and often
- You have a fundamental need to learn and grow in your work every single day
- You are comfortable, automating or integrating systems using a high-level language (Go, Ruby or Python)
- Familiar with TCP routing in the public cloud, including edge and service proxy technologies like Envoy and Service mesh technologies like Istio
- AWS Load balancing/Networking
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.