Director, Software Engineering
Descripción de la oferta
Are you an experienced Director of Software Engineering with a passion for people management, growing strong teams, and shipping software that delights customers?
The Instrumentation group is the heart of data collection for the New Relic One Platform. Instrumentation owns New Relic's open source agents, infrastructure integrations and cloud provider integrations. We are building the future of application telemetry as part of the Open Instrumentation and OpenTelemetry communities. Our mission is to enable every engineer in the world to gather complete telemetry about their digital systems.
We believe that directors are leader-coaches. The most successful directors act with drive and urgency, yet always take the time to listen and to do the right thing. They constantly seek new ways to explain, coach, teach, delegate, and bring out the best in others.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the New Relic integration teams to develop great products.
- Work with the group leadership team to translate corporate strategy into group objectives.
- Work with your teams to design, build and deliver awesome software to our customers - our fellow developers throughout the industry!
- Work with your engineering managers to understand requirements, create estimates and set expectations.
- Communicate, as needed, with customers and partners during outages or customer escalations.
- Coach and develop your managers and staff by understanding their career goals and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- At least 2 years in a software engineering director role, with multiple engineering managers reporting directly to you.
- Great partner management and collaboration skills for managing cross-functional products.
- You are a leader of leaders and you split your time between developing long-term strategy and driving short-term tactical delivery.
- Experience maintaining and operating software with highly available SLAs.
- Comfort in a fast-paced, changing software business environment.
- Experience delivering Open Source software.
- Experience with or membership in an Open Instrumentation community.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.