Manager, Software Engineering
Descripción de la oferta
Are you an experienced manager with a passion for people, projects, and processes? If so, leading a software engineering team with us may be just the role for you.
At New Relic, we love making software that improves the lives of people who make software. Our products help customers answer their most important questions by allowing them to visualize, explore, and understand their ops, application, and customer data.
The best person for the job won't necessarily be the one with the most technical chops but will be the person who can best mentor engineers and collaborates with multiple teams to ship great software. We look forward to talking with you!
What You’ll Do
- Manage a team of software engineers that work on one of the most visible and critical products of New Relic
- Ensure the success of software projects through the planning and execution phases within and across teams
- Partner closely with product management, fellow engineering managers, and key decision-makers to set up team priorities and roadmap
- Mentor and develop an engineering team by holding regular coaching and career pathing conversations
- Provide growth opportunities for engineers by assigning projects tailored to skill level and interests
- Develop and iterate on processes and practices that keep your team focused and executing efficiently
- 2+ years of experience leading high-performing software engineering teams
- Consistent track record of delivering high-quality software in regular, iterative releases
- Ability to collaborate within your own and across departments
- Experience mentoring and coaching team members
- Familiarity with modern people management practices
- Experience leading front-end teams and engineers
- Experience managing high-complexity projects with cross-team dependencies
Qualified applicants may inquire about visa sponsorship. This position is to be filled as soon as possible.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.