English Editor/Writer (Remote work is ok/Spain)
Descripción de la oferta
Life is too short to work for a boring company, so why don’t you join us? We are looking for a dynamic, hands-on English Editor/Writer with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar position, who has a keen eye for detail, understands what makes a news story interesting and can help us create timely, engaging content for our websites.
The ideal candidate will be a native English speaker who is also fluent in Spanish.
He/she must also demonstrate the ability to revise SEO-based content generated by external writers, as well as break stories, spot trends for longer-range coverage, and ultimately be a fast-learner who gets the drift of what we need and how it should be done.
Reporting to the Editor Team Lead, the candidate will be responsible for seeking & writing newsworthy information as well as copyediting and proofreading content related to international affairs, travel and European politics.
If you define yourself as a meticulous content editor and a “newsworm” who enjoys getting things done in a time crunch, we are looking for you.
Other edition tasks include:
- Outsourcing content pieces and communicating with external collaborators
- Optimizing and proofreading external collaborators’ texts prior to publication.
The position requires being in close contact with our in-house Content and SEO teams to follow our quality guidelines.
Does that sound like you?
But first, let’s break the ice!
Who we are & what we do
At Leadtech, we work hard... and play harder! Our mission is to bring forward new business ideas and empower employees to achieve their goals in the online business world.
Since 2009, we have been fostering innovative and creative techniques across many industries, making us pioneers in online project management.
Leadtech is dedicated to constant improvement and inspiring new ideas daily for the world we live in and the future to come.
If you have a creative and innovative mind, Leadtech is looking for you!
Does this still look like your cup of tea? There’s more
You’re our perfect candidate if you:
- Produce and edit accurate, well-researched content in house style for our websites and blogs
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in the international and political landscape to generate content proposals on a daily/weekly basis
- Contribute to identifying new data sources and developing new coverage areas
- Work closely with other team members to support wider editorial needs on their projects (content optimization, proofreading, and/or copywriting tasks)
- Create a contact database and engage with reliable sources to obtain new information, gain scoop, and/or clarify news pieces
- Be punctual, organized, and professional in all aspects of the role (which ranges from implementing fact-checking best practices and accurate writing/editing techniques to having media awareness and delivering content in due time)
- Communicate with our Search Engine Optimization team to ensure content follows ever-evolving best practices
- Help track and report the area’s main initiatives, metrics, duties and achievements
- Meet the department’s quality standards, deadlines, and budget requirements
Your expertise in a nutshell:
- 3+ years of proven experience as a news reporter, journalist, and/or web content editor
- Attention to detail and love of the English language
- Interested and experienced in performing editorial duties (proofreading, copyediting, and providing constructive feedback to in-house and external writers)
- Able to respond to shifting priorities and demands based on organizational needs and news cycles
- A passion for political, immigration and/or international coverage and breaking news
- Native in English and fluent in Spanish
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism
- Able to drive the conversation with conceptual scoops and trend stories
- Excellent self-motivation, written/verbal communication, and people skills
- Proven familiarity with SEO and social media best practices
- Team player
- Online passionate
- Well organized
- Very proactive
- Very creative
Interested? Keep on reading!
Some of the perks of working with us:
- Competitive salary
- Full-time, permanent contract
- Private health insurance
- 25 days of holiday + your birthday off
- Flexible vacation time (no blackout days)
- Flextime (7 - 09.30h / 15:30 - 18h)
- Free Friday afternoons (a 7-hour workday!)
- 35-hour week for the full month of August (free afternoons!)
- Flexibility to work from home
- Other benefits paid from the gross salary (ticket restaurant, transport tickets, nursery tickets)
- Permanent internal training + Annual budget for external training
- Team-building activities
- Monthly afterwork
- Free coffee and snacks
- Free fresh fruit
- Games room (Nintendo, table tennis, futbolín)
- Terrace at the office
- An innovative approach to all internal processes and businesses
- Work with the latest technologies + career progress opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Leadtech is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer, which means we encourage applications from people with different backgrounds, interests, and personal circumstances. Our team welcomes applicants regardless of their race, gender, age, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, and/or disabilities. All we need is your high energy, skills, and willingness to be part of a great project!
- First step: 15-minute phone interview to get to know you
- Second step: Online interview with HR and your future manager to talk about the position and how we approach work. It includes a brief skill assessment test
- Third step: HR’s timely response regarding the status of your application and/or a second interview
Sounds good? Apply now!
We’re looking forward to meeting you.
You'll have the flexibility to choose whether you'd like to come to the office every day, from time to time, or work fully remote. We want you to find the best combination for you.If you prefer to be surrounded with amazing people, our exceptional office is in Barcelona’s Blue Building, located right on the city's seafront. Besides our stunning views, you’ll enjoy our office perks such as free fruit, snacks, and coffee and you’ll also be able to take part in our Mario Kart and table tennis competitions.
The personal data you provide will be processed in order to manage your candidacy for the corporate selection processes that fit your profile. If you wish, you can exercise your rights of access, rectification or cancellation by writing to our address (Avenida del Maresme, 44-46 08918 Badalona) or to the email address [email protected] Leadtech.com, attaching to your request a document that can validate your identity.