Senior Software Engineer - Back End - Madrid
Descripción de la oferta
Who We Are:
Backed by Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series C start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management platform that transforms the way these businesses work.
With a CEO recently named a “Woman to Watch in 2020” by Luxury Daily, and a CTO from Google, JOOR is attracting top talent to drive market dominance. We have 140 employees in 10 global offices, including NYC, Philadelphia, LA, Milan, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Berlin and Tokyo. And, we are continuing to grow in a smart, sound way.
Founded in 2010, JOOR now services 8,600 brands across 53 categories, 200,000 retailers in 144 countries, and manages an incredible $1.5B in gross merchandise volume (GMV) each and every month Clients include major retailers, like Neiman Marcus and Harrods; e-commerce players like ShopBop; and key influencers like Dover Street Market. Leading men's and women's brands include everyone from Tory Burch, Jimmy Choo, Alexander McQueen, Berluti, The Row and thousands more.
We are one of the few tech companies with a female CEO and 1/3 of our engineering team is made up of women — well above the industry norm. Walking our floors, you’ll find people of every shape, color, ethnicity and creed. If you are looking to join a team of innovators and trail blazers who value diversity of thought and experience, then JOOR is a great choice for you.
We’re growing our engineering team and seeking members who want to set the tone for what technology in the wholesale industry looks like. You’ll tackle complex problems and build the systems that support emerging, independent businesses all the way up to global brands and retailers. Our clients rely on our products to grow their business and we are committed to building a fast and scalable product that they love, all while using best practices and the latest technologies. Our engineers are given a greenfield of opportunity to advance their skills, work collaboratively and see their solutions make an immediate impact for brands and retailers. Read the JOOR Engineering Blog to learn more.
- We are revolutionizing the virtual showroom experience
- We partner with exciting brands and retailers from around the world
- We are a global company that is rapidly growing
- We are one of the most diverse and inclusive tech companies
- We have been recognized as a break-out technology start-up driving innovation in the fashion & retail industry.
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years experience as a software engineer
- We are ideally looking for:
- Extensive knowledge of Python and Django
- API development preferably with GraphQL
- Experience with relational databases (we use PostgreSQL mainly)
- Experience with Docker, since it is used from development to production
- Code reviews and unit tests for all code
- Comfortable with GIT
- Knowledge of gRPC would be a huge plus
- Having worked with microservices would be highly valued
- Spanish and English fluency, both verbal and written required
What We Offer:
- Access to Market Weeks to see the product in action
- Collaborate with our teams in NY, LA, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris and Philadelphia
- Need a break? Flexible “My Time” policy - We want you at your best!
- Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company offsites, meetups and speaker series
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company’s performance in relation to revenue and growth
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.