Test Automation Engineer
Descripción de la oferta
At Busuu we have just overcome 100-Million users worldwide and shown that learning a language can be done outside of a classroom. Technology brings learning into our private and business space and to keep us ahead of our competitors, we are looking for motivated talent who will help us reach our next milestone.
Working at that scale is not always an easy task, and we know that there are challenges ahead, so we are looking for someone who wants to become a better version of themself and master the challenge together with us.
We are looking for passionate Test Automation Engineers who honestly love solving problems, by questioning the status quo and eager to build a legacy with Busuu.
Why is a Test Automation Engineer at Busuu important?
Quality assurance automation is key at Busuu and we are looking for an Engineer who can assist our Madrid engineering and product team with test automation and acceptance definition and testing.
What does a Test Automation Engineer do at Busuu?
As a Test Automation Engineer you will work within a Squad and take care that we release high quality, bug free software. You’ll have responsibility for the performance of our tests, optimising constantly by using the latest technologies and being ruthless with the tests we currently have, removing unnecessary tests that no longer provide what we require. We’re expecting to extend our API testing, so that we always know that the responses our client applications are getting are valid in production.
Our wish list for a Test Automation Engineer at Busuu
- Experience in automated web testing using any technology and tools.
- Experienced with automated API testing
- Experience working with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools, configuring and maintaining automated tests across multiple platforms.
- A background in collaboration, specifically with developers to design and implement automated tests as well as collaboration with Product Managers for defining acceptance criteria.
- Experience working in agile scrum teams.
- Experienced in acceptance criteria definition
- You know what clean code looks like and you have the same high standards for the code you write as you do for the applications you ship.
- Continually refine your tests because you’re never satisfied that you’ve covered enough.
- Knowledge of Contract Testing is a plus
What can you expect working at Busuu Spain?
You will be based in our new Madrid Office, and have the opportunity to travel to our HQ in London for short-term visits when travel is safe.
At Busuu we know that when we work hard we should find time to relax and have fun, this is why we encourage our members to join our quarterly team events, to build personal relationships with your peers.
Being a part of Busuu - How do things work:
We are acutely aware that we are in unprecedented times and like all companies we need to adapt to this in order to safeguard our Busuu community. In order to do this we are constantly reviewing the government guidelines and adapting accordingly to accommodate the physical and mental wellbeing of our employees. In the current global climate, some of our team events are virtual and some of our benefits have been amended.
At Busuu we want to ensure that you have access to some great benefits:
- We have an amazing office which is available for you to work from if you would like to do so, this is completely optional at the moment in the current environment. If you would like to be in the office we have put in place lots of important social distancing practices to ensure you are safe to meet with your colleagues in person
- The office is well-equipped with free breakfast, plenty of snacks, fresh fruit and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late
- Social interaction is really important to us so we have lots of remote activities for you to join into such as team events, socials, online weekly quiz, etc
- There is a personal training budget just for you, so you can learn more in your field, attend virtual conferences and events that you find interesting
- To keep you active and help your mindfulness we offer weekly virtual yoga sessions
- Busuu offers a great private health insurance scheme
- We like to support our teams with their work life balance so we offer flexible working hours
- We offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process for Product Designer are the following 5 steps:
- CV application review - We will review it as quickly as possible and update on the next steps
- Let’s chat - Quick chat with our recruiter about your experience and the role
- Take Home test
- A video call - 40 min call with the hiring manager
- Meet the team - 1.5 -2 hours meeting with the wider team
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgement-free zone to speak freely.
If you like the sound of that, join us. We'd love to hear what you have to say.