Senior Software Developer in Test
Descripción de la oferta
Vonage Engineering Mission
We embody the notion of what's next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters
As a Vonage Software Developer in Test, you will test the infrastructure and business logic for next-generation communication platforms. The individual will work as part of an Agile Team and be responsible for the Automated Test Case Creation, Test Planning, Test Execution, Continuous Integration and implement and test framework. We are seeking a Sr. SDET Engineer to help us test and implement the test framework needed to further enhance OpenTok, our WebRTC-compliant Communications Platform as a Service, with new Smart Media Routing, Processing, Control and Provisioning of Cloud resources and Media Quality optimization technologies.
You would be joining an international, very experienced team of Software Engineers and Scientists passionate for real time communications, media, cloud infrastructure, and much more. IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Work closely with developers to create test cases, design test plans, and automate test cases for the verification of product functionality.
- Take components and end to end testing responsibilities, improve media quality and capabilities of the Opentok platform and define QA cross functional strategy with heavy focus on quality and reliability of the platform.
- Work closely with developers Product Owners & Scrum Masters to review product
- Facilitate the tracking of Bugs and Enhancements (via JIRA and applicable tools)
- Develop and implement the Test Automation strategy/effort
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate ability to build effective relationships through partnering and collaboration
What you're responsible for
- Playing a key role in helping testing Media Quality, Communications Control and Performance Problems
- Automating and architecting the test framework needed for the next generation media and video communications.
- Working alongside other Engineers to define, drive and complete the technology strategy.
- Evangelizing the platform and using a feedback-driven methodology to drive test framework enhancements and implement new testing tools as needed.
- Working in rapid 1-2 week development cycles.
- Collaborating closely with our teams located around the world.
What's required for application
- Senior experience in software test automation, including creation and deployment of frameworks and design and maintenance of test automation
- Hands-on experience testing in software core technology with some of the following: H.264/VP8/OPUS/AAC media coding structure, syntax, spec and/or underlying algorithms, WebRTC standards (w3c and/or IETF protocol recommendations), RTP/RTCP, STUN, TURN, ICE, media streaming rate-control, bandwidth estimation, familiarity with Google’s WebRTC source code (Chrome’s RTC engine), VoIP, SIP, H.323, etc…
- Background in writing integration and automated tests to create well tested code.
- Ability to understand and design whole systems from front-end to back-end.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science.Experience in developing and running a Continuous Integration system and CD tools (Jenkins, Travis or similar tools)
- Expertise in whitebox testing for functional, non-functional and security aspects of products / platform, code coverage, code reviews, debug tools, defect analysis while deploying and operating in various environments
- Experience with Media Communication software technology; including Testing Codecs, Real-time Video Streaming, Media Transport Protocols, and Media Quality-of-Experience optimization strategies in communication systems.
- Experience with tooling such as Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, and Chef.
- Working knowledge on other AWS services like Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), Elastic Container Service (ECS) etc
- Automation and Orchestration tools such as Jenkins
- Use of headless Chrome and browsers in automation, Puppeteer, or similar.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.