(Freelance) Lead Public Policy Consultant, Spain
Descripción de la oferta
Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Spin’s Public Policy team is actively formulating and advancing regulations, policies, and initiatives to make micromobility an essential option for people everywhere. As we grow into new and existing markets, we are continuing to ensure that Spin is the industry leader in helping to shape and promote responsible and thoughtful regulations and policies.
We are currently looking for a motivated, creative, and detail-oriented policy professional passionate about mobility to join our Global Public Policy team. As our Lead Public Policy Consultant in Spain, you will have the exciting opportunity to rapidly accelerate and expand Spin’s market footprint across the country. We have the ambition to enter several new cities in Spain offering shared micromobility for the first time, and we are looking for someone to help shape the political and regulatory environments needed to make that happen.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in managing and achieving legislative and regulatory efforts; has a strategic, creative, proactive mindset to make sense of the regulatory environment and to find the best paths to achieve Spin’s objectives; has a strong willingness to work in a fast-paced environment; and has experience working collaboratively with or within governments and relevant public agencies.
- Work collaboratively with the Team and cross-functionally to achieve Spin’s global public policy priorities across all levels of government, including analyzing and advancing legislation and regulations across multiple jurisdictions
- Help formulate, communicate, implement, and oversee Spin’s positions/objectives on various policy and regulatory matters, including for new and emerging business objectives
- Engage effectively and in good-faith with government officials and staff to advance Spin’s objectives
- Work with and manage external consultants to pursue Spin’s policy objectives
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 5+ years experience working in public policy, government, public affairs, legislative advocacy, and/or legal roles
- Experience working with or within government and facilitating complex and sensitive conversations as part of high-stakes relationships, particularly on legislation and regulations
- Track record of managing successful legislative or regulatory efforts
- Experience in drafting and advancing legislation
- Experience with managing external consultants and collaborating with organizations related to public policy issues
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Strategic, self-starter, and a team-player
- Passionate about advancing accessible, sustainable modes of personal mobility
- Willing to travel incl. frequently to Madrid, as well as used to remote working
- Working knowledge of transportation policy, especially micromobility/mobility policy
- A combination of policy, political, and private-sector experience
- A highly-competitive and “whatever it takes” mindset