Fullstack Engineer - B2B
Descripción de la oferta
Are you interested in languages, education, and technology and want to work in one of the world's fastest-growing EdTech startups? Then join us and be part of an ambitious and talented team that revolutionizes how we learn languages.
Busuu is the best way to learn a language. We are the world's largest language learning community with over 100 million users in 190 countries, growing at up to 30,000 new users per day. We empower our users to achieve their language learning goals by combining AI-powered courses with instant feedback from our global community of native speakers and live tutoring from qualified teachers across the world.
We are a profitable, fast-growing tech startup with over 120 employees and offices in Madrid and London. We have been backed by leading institutional investors and entrepreneurs (PROFounders Capital, McGraw-Hill Education, GP Bullhound, Martin Varsavsky, Brent Hoberman, etc) and have been named as ‘Best EdTech Startup’ in Europe by TechCrunch.
Working at this scale is not always an easy task, and we know that there are challenges ahead, so we are looking for someone who wants to become a better version of themself and master the challenge together with us. We want to grow not only into new markets, but also with new features and tools for our social network.
We are looking for passionate people who honestly love solving problems, by questioning the status quo and are eager to build a legacy with Busuu.
As a Mid Fullstack Engineer we have great things to come into your area of responsibilities.
You will work with other Engineering Members in building scalable services, which will operate across different Data Centers. The focus will be set on our B2B product area, building tools for our Business Partners.
What makes an amazing Software Development Engineer at Busuu!?
- Good knowledge in PHP7 and/or nodeJS and building scalable services
- Knowledge in Frontend Framework like Angular or ReactJS
- Experience in data modelling using relational databases (we use MySQL and PostgreSQL).
- Solid knowledge of API design, RESTFul or gRPC.
- Exposure to high traffic platforms.
- Experience with SOLID, Design Patterns, TDD
- Experience working with legacy code base and its transition into Microservice-Architecture
- Ability to work outside your comfort zone, take a problem and solve it with as much or as little support as you need.
Nice to have:
- Expertise in any of these technologies: WebRTC, GraphQL, NoSQL
- Experience with Event/Stream architecture
What can you expect working at Busuu Spain?
You will be based in our new Madrid Office, and have the opportunity to travel to our HQ in London for short-term visits when travel is safe.
We work in a colocated setup, meaning that we expect remote workers to join the team in their assigned office every then and now.
At Busuu we know that when we work hard we should find time to relax and have fun, this is why we encourage our members to join our quarterly team events, to build personal relationships with your peers.
Being a part of Busuu - How do things work:
We are acutely aware that we are in unprecedented times and like all companies we need to adapt to this in order to safeguard our Busuu community. In order to do this we are constantly reviewing the government guidelines and adapting accordingly to accommodate the physical and mental wellbeing of our employees. In the current global climate, some of our team events are virtual and some of our benefits have been amended.
At Busuu we want to ensure that you have access to some great benefits:
- We have an amazing office which is available for you to work from if you would like to do so, this is completely optional at the moment in the current environment. If you would like to be in the office we have put in place lots of important social distancing practices to ensure you are safe to meet with your colleagues in person
- The office is well-equipped with free breakfast, plenty of snacks, fresh fruit and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late
- Social interaction is really important to us so we have lots of remote activities for you to join into such as team events, socials, online weekly quiz, etc
- There is a personal training budget just for you, so you can learn more in your field, attend virtual conferences and events that you find interesting
- To keep you active and help your mindfulness we offer weekly virtual yoga sessions
- Busuu offers a great private health insurance scheme
- We like to support our teams with their work life balance so we offer flexible working hours
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process for Fullstack Engineering is the following steps:
- CV application review - We will review it as quickly as possible
- Let’s chat - Quick chat with our recruiter about your experience and the role
- A video call - Technical call with the hiring managers
- Technical test - We will send you a technical test to complete in your time
- Interview - 1.5 hour technical interview and task review with the Technical team
- Culture fit interview
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious, or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgment-free zone to speak freely.
If you like the sound of that, join us. We'd love to hear what you have to say.