Site Reliability Engineering Manager - Voice & Video Platform
Descripción de la oferta
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is hiring a Site Reliability Engineering Manager for a technical leadership role in Voice & Video Platform to oversee the operation of Twilio’s global infrastructure worldwide while meeting high availability, scalability, quality, and reliability goals. You will lead the team towards SRE objectives for the Voice & Video Platform, including follow-the-sun operations worldwide, while developing automated tooling and operational capabilities to enable real-time, low latency services for next-generation communications infrastructure worldwide.
Twilio is looking for a talented and experienced engineering leader who lives the Twilio Magic and who is excited at the opportunity to lead future efforts in our Voice & Video Platform SRE team:
- You have at least 6 years of experience in engineering with at least 3 years of hands-on experience managing teams of 5-10 people, including development and operational oversight.
- You have demonstrated experience leading inclusive teams, mentoring engineers, and teaching proven practices that help teams grow.
- You have skills to define roadmap and collaborate across multiple global teams, leading development, deployment, and operations of infrastructure for Twilio’s Voice & Video platform.
- You bring a breadth of development and operational experience in building tools and frameworks, with a focus on continuous delivery methodologies from design through deployment and operations.
- You have a depth of operational experience in complex distributed systems, including defining, measuring and monitoring SLO/SLAs towards high availability and reliability goals.
- Bachelors/Masters degree required, or equivalent experience.
As a Engineering Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Lead and grow a team of engineers in delivering the product. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Manage employee career development by providing coaching and mentoring to junior engineers while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. Provide continuous performance feedback, collaborate with employees on their objectives and provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans.
- DON'T SETTLE: Institute development best practices to ensure the team produces high quality, well-architected and supportable code.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOE'S: Own, operate and maintain your team's product. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities. Ensure there is cross-training and a healthy balance between features and technical debt.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent.
Twilio Developers use Programmable Voice and Video to build unique communication experiences to make, receive and control voice interactions around the globe. Twilio’s Voice team develops and operates the worldwide infrastructure for call processing, including signalling, media, routing, conference, payment and speech services.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Paseo de la Castellana 77, Madrid office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.