Compliance Manager & MLRO, MFS Africa Spain
Descripción de la oferta
We have an exciting opportunity in our Compliance team and are seeking an experienced Compliance Manager to take Compliance and MLRO responsibility for our Payment Institution in Spain (MFS Africa, Spain) which is seeking authorization for the provision of payment services across Europe, post-BREXIT.
We’re looking for a person with a strong compliance and risk background who is comfortable operating independently, pragmatically and meeting strict regulatory deadlines.
As the Compliance Manager for Spain, your responsibilities will be to:
Spain/EEA specific duties:
- Ensure the day to day compliance activities relating to MFS Africa Spain and the regulated services it operates (and passported across EEA).
- Fulfil the duties of the Compliance Officer and MLRO functions
- Be the primary point of contact for Spanish Compliance/AML supervisory authorities and liaison with other EEA country supervisory authorities as necessary
- Ensure compliance with EU and Spanish regulations as they pertain to MFS Africa Spain and cross border activities in Europe
- Deal with day to day compliance issues with onboarding of EEA customers
- Manage and mitigate broader Enterprise and Operational risks as they related to Spanish/EEA regulated activity, as directed by the Head of Risk and Compliance
- Provide advisory guidance and support for business growth and opportunities across EEA
- Provide reports, dashboards and feedback to stakeholders within the governance framework
Group Risk and Compliance function support:
- Support Group Compliance in continuous enhancement of policies and procedures in line with local and international regulations
- Support the development and integration of Risk Management Framework – Enterprise, Operational, 2nd Line of Defense monitoring and testing activities
- Partner Oversight and reviews across Group/geographies
- Product reviews and assessments
- General Compliance Program enhancements; work with operations and product in the development and implementation of compliance management tools (efficiency/automation initiatives, etc)
- Contribute to managing regulatory risk across the Group’s multiple markets by setting an appropriate compliance culture and framework for the business
- Ensure comprehensive reporting of regulatory risks to governance committees
- Support training initiatives (internal and with partners)
- Conduct partner oversight and review to ensure partners are compliant with the MFS Africa Hub Compliance Framework
- Keep abreast with developments in the regulatory and technology environments to ensure best-of-class compliance
- You’ll get to work across all regulatory requirements including but not limited to AML, ABC and Data Privacy. You will actively collaborate with our key stakeholders in the market and across the Group.
- Have at least 5 years of compliance experience at management level
- Have extensive practical knowledge and experience of Payment Services Directive and other applicable European and local regulation
- Have a sound understanding of digital and cash-based money transfer operations
- Have a compliance related qualification
- Thrive in a diverse, collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Can work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment
- Ranked by Fast Company as Second Most Innovative Company in Africa
- Awesome team and work environment
- Work with new technologies
- Growth potential
- Bring simple and relevant financial services to the developing world - make a difference!