Pipeline Engineer Architect
Descripción de la oferta
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
The Pipeline Engineer Architect role serves the creative departments, the technology organization and the studio. The position requires excellent project organization, deep understanding of process engineering and studio’s pipeline, the ability to generate high quality prototypes quickly, and then to transform those prototypes into production-ready tools. Expert soft skills are essential, including creative thinking, networking, presentation and teamwork, as well as strong communication and organizational skills.
- Understand the studio's workflow, showing what processes and tools each department uses, including the data flow between departments.
- Collaborating with various internal stakeholders to determine software requirements.
- Creating high-level product specifications and design documents.
- Follow and help define the team's technical guidelines and methodologies.
- Guiding and assisting the development team throughout the development process.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with coding or design.
- Testing the final product to ensure it is completely functional and meets requirements.
- Updating software solutions as required.
- Identify and recommend new technology solutions and the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems.
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs.
- Work together with the team providing them with support and guidance in areas that contribute towards their professional growth.
- Provide mentorship for least experienced members of the team, whether it is on a particular area or in general.
- Over 6 years of professional experience in the Animation industry.
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent working experience.
- Production experience and/or working with 3D artists.
- Good understanding of production pipelines.
- Relevant scripting experience in Python and Pyside.
- Experience working with a source version control system (Git preferred).
- Solid engineering skills, with an appreciation of code craft, quality, and technical debt management.
- Ability to work with a team to deliver high-quality software in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Language qualifications:
- Experience in Maya, Houdini, Substance, Mari and/or Nuke developments.
- Experience with Production Tracking Software (Shotgun preferred).
- Solid experience developing C++ algorithms and plugins for Digital Content Creation platforms including Maya, Houdini and/or Nuke.
- Experience with Containers, Databases, Web services.
- Experience with Render queue managers (Deadline preferred).
- Experience creating and maintaining automated tests.
- Experience with agile development and scrum methodology.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.