FX Senior Artist Freelance 6 Month Contract
Descripción de la oferta
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As the FX Senior Artist, you will help develop effects, pipelines and digital assets in Houdini.
- Ability to work in different artistic styles.
- Generate pre-comps of the effects to integrate them in the environment.
- Strong artistic skills to add dramatic flair to environments, characters, etc, through the creative use of effects.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Strong sense for timing in animation.
- Deep knowledge of CG effects with Houdini, knowledge of Maya and Arnold a big plus.
- Help develop complex effects, Houdini Digital Assets and pipelines to be used by the FX team.
- Work together with the FX Lead to contribute towards their artistic and professional growth.
- Follow supervisor and lead guidance.
- Keep up on current artistic methodologies and on technology trends and tools that best suit the production and the company in the development of a stronger creative and technical environment.
- 3+ years of professional experience in VFX or animation industries.
- VEX/Python scripting abilities is a big plus.
- Advanced English.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.