Low Voltage Hardware Team Manager (JIT)
Descripción de la oferta
We are a global scale-up from Barcelona, born in 2015, dedicated to changing the way the world uses energy. We envision a world free from fossil fuels and we believe the first step in this journey is creating solutions that make electric vehicle charging easier for everyone.
We’re devoted to researching and developing state-of-the-art electric vehicle charging solutions for homes, businesses, and cities. And this way, our mission is to create more sustainable ways of using and sharing energy.
We want to empower people to create, use and share renewable energy in ways they never imagined.
Wallbox currently operates in over 50 countries and has offices in Barcelona, Madrid, Shanghai, and San Francisco. We are powered by a culture of trust, innovation and diversity. For us, talent has no borders. We have more than 350 dedicated experts from over 30 different nationalities working together to create the most innovative products and the best experiences for our customers.
This culture has shown to be rewarding in many ways - amongst them, the creation of the world’s first bidirectional charger, the Quasar, and the recognition as the best of CES 2020 in transportation technology. We have recently closed our second tranche of Series A investment, bringing the total round to €23M and we’ve been recognized as LinkedIn's Top 5 Startups 2020 in Spain.
At the end of the day, working at Wallbox is at the same time challenging, fun and rewarding. If you like the idea of a dynamic environment, desire to work alongside an incredibly talented, fast-growing team and believe in the future of sustainable transportation, this is the place for you.
Are you ready to change the world with us?
About the role:
As the Low Voltage Hardware Team Manager, you will be in charge of leading a team of engineers on low voltage systems hardware design. Designed systems are related to power electronics conversion units, electric vehicle communication protocols HW and others (power trees, analog/digital protection circuitry, DSPs/Microcontrollers surrounding HW, communications standards for home/industrial applications as wifi, BT, PLC, ModBUS, CAN). The objective is to provide in the most efficient way electronic systems for our products, assuring required specifications and timing goals. You will be into the engineering structure and report to the Head of Power Electronics.
- Coordinate the team, defining goals, and developing strategy plans accordingly.
- Design team management by reporting their tasks and helping them to develop their career path.
- Support technical discussions as well helping them to find technical solutions.
- Keep the technical project tracking, together with project managers and product managers.
- Be the point of contact of the team, within the Power Electronics Team.
- Collaborate with other company’s functions as product definition, purchases, sells, production line and other areas in order to achieve company goals.
- Ensure smooth releases to production and flawless.
- Search new technologies and industry trends to design state of the art systems.
- Industrial engineering degree, specialized in electronics, control, or similar.
- Solid knowledge in Altium Designer software platform.
- Experience in electronics circuits simulation (NL5, PSPICE)
- At least 6 years of proven technical experience in electronics HW design & development.
- Experience in product development, including product certification compliance (EMCs oriented design, thermal management, electrical safety criteria) and product release.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Good time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level of spoken and written English.
Nice to have:
- Experience in the electric vehicles sector.
- Complementary education/training in management.
- 100% company paid private medical insurance, including dental coverage, after six months
- Attractive compensation package
- Flexible working hours
- Friday afternoons off
- Opportunity to advance your payroll (under request)
- Unlimited coffee & beverages
- Language classes (English & Spanish)
- Sports channel, which offers online classes until our gym is opened
- Monthly “All Hands” & other team events
- Brand new canteen with a variety of breakfast and lunch dishes, everyday, for a discounted price
- Brand new offices in Zona Franca
- Over 20 different nationalities
- No suits! Unless it’s Carnival or Halloween
Please submit CV in English
*At Wallbox, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.