Pipeline Engineering Lead
Descripción de la oferta
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
The PE Team is responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of the global computer animation pipeline used to create our beautiful films. The leads are also in charge of leading the team to achieve the objectives in time and quality.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve proprietary software used by concurrent film productions
- Keep up on current methodologies and on technology trends and tools that best suit the production and the company
- Leads the team providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that contribute towards their professional growth
- Follows Supervisor’s guidance.
- Manage individual and team project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Oversee day-to-day operation.
- Motivate team members.
- 6 years or more of professional experience (experience in VFX or animation will be a plus)
- Proven work experience as a team leader
- Web-services developments
- Database developments
- Render queue developments
- File manager development
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study
- Scripting skills with expertise in Python and PyQt.
- Solid engineering skills with an appreciation of code craft, code health, and addressing technical debt.
- Ability to work with a team to deliver high-quality software in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline- oriented.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.