Tech Support Specialist
Descripción de la oferta
At Ocado Technology we design and build the platform that powers Ocado, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer. Beyond this, we are putting the world’s retailers online, including Morrisons (UK), Kroger (USA), Casino (France), Sobeys (Canada) and ICA (Sweden). We provide an entire platform from mobile apps, website, fulfilment (automated warehouses, store pick solutions), back-office systems to delivery solutions, all crafted by our passionate team of software engineers.
We have a rapidly expanding portfolio of amazing software products being developed in Barcelona, working closely with our development teams in our other centres around the world.
We are currently looking for a Technical Support Specialist that will deal with purchasing, building and supporting all kinds of IT equipment onsite including laptops, mobile phones, video-conferencing devices & network devices.
- Primarily local TSS support covering all aspects of helpdesk role, that is: searching and purchasing laptops and other office technical equipment (TVs, video conferencing systems, mobile phones, etc.) configuring machines, fixing problems related to laptops (hardware and software), managing access rights for all users in the office, being a local primary contact for other infrastructure IT teams (network, wireless, telephony and other).
- Delivering a first class service focusing on customer satisfaction and responding to internal customer’s needs.
- Maintaining and supporting Windows technology within the office (e.g. build server, print server), responding to issues in an efficient and timely manner.
- Participate and implement elements of business projects as and when required. Examples: searching for a new printer, expanding office space involving building new ports or re-arranging desks.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures clearly and the forethought to highlight necessary amendments.
- Participating in the technical team and ensuring a good work ethic.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 1st/2nd line support experience within a large help desk, service desk or desktop support team
- Good level of English and preferably fluent Spanish
- Ability to work independently, prioritise effectively, be well-organised
- Ability to provide technical support on Windows 10 and macOS (most machines in the office are Macbook Pros)
- Logical problem solving through to resolution
- Work well as part of a team, supporting other members of the TS in other locations
- A basic understanding of network infrastructure desirable (you may have to physically replace a broken switch or router for example)
- Android and iOS configuration skills desirable
- Hands-on experience with hardware problems solving desirable (e.g. replacing RAM or hard drives)
What we can offer you
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- 25 days of holidays per year
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance (3x your salary)
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Transport
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Gym membership discounts
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly social events
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- English, Spanish and Catalan language courses
We are growing rapidly, making it a very exciting time to join, as we are building a brand new office in the [email protected] district. We are currently right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.