Technical Support Engineer
Descripción de la oferta
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 50,000customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The Technical Support Team
At Qlik, our support Technicians are our HEROES. That’s because our technicians do more than manage complex technical support cases they are determined, resilient and have an unshakable positive mindset. Our team in EMEA consists of more than 30 support professionals from multiple international backgrounds, who work and play closely together. We have a larger Global support team that we interact with daily, with locations in Barcelona, Lund, Sydney, Tokyo, Raleigh, North Carolina USA and Bangalore India. We think you will love it here!
Hit the ground running
Teamwork is important and we are looking for someone who’s up for collaborating. A buddy will be there for you at the start, and you’ll report into the team manager.
We will support you in your onboarding and training, and we expect you to quickly take ownership of tasks. It won’t be long before you’re running your own assignments and making a real difference all by yourself. Prove yourself and you’ll find career progression will follow.
We’ll share ways of working and expect you to follow them, it’s all about keeping professional standards high and errors low, while delivering the best experience and outcomes for our customers.
How you will spend your time as our next Technical Support Engineer
- Qlik Supports vision is to provide data-driven, world-class support. We provide continuous, proactive and personalized service to ensure that our customers are successful in adopting and using our products to achieve their business goals. As a Junior Technical Support Engineer, you will be an important part of our Customer’s continued success and Qlik’s too!
- Working together with your colleagues, you will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving customer technical issues during the required business hours (occasionally on weekends).
The role involves great responsibility and opportunity to develop your inter-personal skills and learn our market leading products and how they work in a complex and powerful environment.
- The Technical Support Engineer team member will provide telephone, screen sharing, and ticket-based support to our customers.
- Troubleshoots customer submitted problems by working together with our customers in a collaborative manner.
- Keeps customers updated regularly with the current state of their tickets.
- Investigate customers’ current situation and desired end state understand our customers’ needs and problems.
- Provides world class customer experience by as delivering satisfaction to every case for every customer.
- Interact with customers, understanding their problems and needs.
- Seeks workarounds and communicates technical solutions to the customer.
- Remain current with the product functions and features, and with related technologies in the product ecosystem.
- Participate in the 24*7 support on call duty for production down tickets.
- Reproduces customer problems in the lab.
- Assists in translating the customer problem into suitable technical terms for the R&D Support team to work on.
- Exhaust all efforts according to the working procedures before escalating a case.
- Maintain a shared knowledge base across the team by writing technical solution articles, documenting lessons learned from support cases and participating in weekly meetings.
- Keep case summaries on cases for escalations and continuity.
- Maintain coherent working procedures to reflect professional attitude and maintain efficiency.
You will be successful if you have
- A relevant degree in IT systems or equivalent
- English at a fluent level
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a “can-do” attitude
Academic background or up to 3 years’ working knowledge / experience on some of those areas:
- Database administration, data modelling and relational data structures
- Data analysis and presentation
- BI visualization and reporting
- Data base technologies such as; Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Teradata, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SAP etc.
- Knowledge about virtualization environments and cloud based technologies (Azure, VMware, AWS, …)
- Docker, Kubernetes, Github, AWS, Node.js / Node.js Express, Angular
- Log file analysis
- Authentication solutions (Active Directory, SAML, header authentication, ticketing)
- Writing tutorials and technical documentation
- Big Data: Hadoop, Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, Kafka, MongoDB
- Operating system (windows, Linux)
You will thrive if you have
- Knowledge / experience with Qlik products
- Knowledge / experience with web services (REST, SOAP …)
- Knowledge / experience supporting 3rd party connectors
- Knowledge / experience with single sign-on and identity federation solutions (ADFS, CA Siteminder, Pingfederate, Onelogin, Okta)
- Previous experience in customer facing roles
- Fluency in another language (French/German/Italian)
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
The role is in Barcelona, Spain. If you think this position is interesting, you are welcome with your complete application in English. Apply as soon as possible as we are working continuously with the applications for this assignment.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.