Machine Learning Engineer - Speech
Descripción de la oferta
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer who wants to design and develop state-of-the-art speech recognition systems to power Twilio’s AI products. We are looking for candidates who inspire their teammates with their knowledge and expertise in speech recognition and are eager to develop AI-powered products that become essential to our customers’ success.
The ideal candidate has industry experience working with speech recognition technologies, understands the life-cycle for AI-powered products and is both insistent and persistent in ensuring the highest possible quality when developing, evaluating and monitoring machine learning models. At Twilio we don’t settle, we expect the best from ourselves and others, because there’s no feeling greater than being proud of our work.
Twilio is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- MSc in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Machine Learning, Statistics, Physics, or related field
- 2 years of industry experience with speech recognition
- Experience gathering, preparing and cleaning data corpora for model training
- Experience building speech recognition models with the Kaldi speech recognition toolkit
- Experience monitoring and evaluating the performance of speech recognition models in production environments
You need to have the basic qualifications above to be considered for this position. Below qualifications would be great to have but are not required.
- Expert in Python, and scripting languages such as C-shell or Bash
- Knowledge of statistical modelling / machine learning techniques
- Knowledge of data selection and methods for active-learning
- Experience with statistical analysis and visualization tools
- Experience building speech recognition models across multiple languages
- Experience with data augmentation techniques to increase model robustness
The Machine Learning Engineer hired in this position will be responsible for developing production-ready speech recognition models used in Twilio AI’s products.
- BE AN OWNER: Explore, develop and evaluate speech recognition model architectures for use in Twilio AI’s products
- DRAW THE OWL: Analyze and evaluate the quality of data used for speech recognition model training and testing
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document the training process for speech recognition models, creating an auditable trail for data selection, data normalization, training and testing procedures for each and every model that is built.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Automate model validation and analysis in collaboration with others
- BE BOLD: Develop and maintain a model customization workflow to automate model adaptation and customization for a variety of customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is located out of our new Madrid, Spain office at Paseo de la Castellana, 77 or remotely in Spain. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world's communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry, from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations, to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.