Engineering Team Leader - Customer Web
Descripción de la oferta
The Customer Web team goal is to build and maintain our public facing UIs and systems that make up OSP, collaborating with developers to quickly get functionality live and having a positive impact on our customers lives.
The Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) is live in 5 countries, with more to come, enabling thousands of people per week to get exactly the products they want at a time which is convenient to them.
This team will be working on the customer facing website, which means that your work will have a direct improvement on people's lives. Working side by side with our mobile and retailer systems development teams will mean that you will be in close collaboration on challenging problems like increasing personalisation, convenience, basket building tools or instant order.
Role & Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities of an Engineering Team Leader role in Ocado Technology are:
- To build a great team, delivering a great product or service.
- To collaborate with other teams to build an effective organisation considering technology, delivery, and product/service.
- To align culture to Ocado Values and Ocado Technology behaviours (Collaboration, Trust, Craftsmanship. Learn Fast and Autonomy).
- Additionally, Team Leaders work with their development centre leadership to build a great place to work (contributing to processes like recruitment, branding, induction etc.)
- Plan the day-to-day and future work for the team using agile methodologies.
- Plan and adjust team capacity to ensure the roadmap work is delivered with the expected standards of quality.
- Help to define the product roadmap based on team knowledge, technical innovations and user feedback.
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement in the team.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about growing great people and organisations, are not afraid to challenge the status quo and restlessly improve.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- University Degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- Good spoken and written English
- Experience leading a team of software engineers and applying principles of continuous improvement
- Experience interviewing candidates for development roles
- Passion and understanding for TDD
- Agile experience and knowledge
- Experience with React
- Highly proficient in CSS
- Passion for user experience
- A fundamental understanding of automated testing
- Comfortable writing production-quality code, and rapid prototyping
- Strong collaboration skills that will allow you to work effectively alongside a cross-functional team
- A desire to learn from others in order to improve your breadth and depth of knowledge
- Node.js restful APIs
- Experience with CSS-in-JS or CSS preprocessors
- Building features with Accessibility as a core requirement
What we can offer you:
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment, where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in-house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- 25 days of holidays per year
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance (3x your salary)
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Transport
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Gym membership discounts
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly social events
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- Tech Talks and internal trainings
- Developer exchange programmes between centers
- English and Spanish language courses
We are growing rapidly, making it a very exciting time to join, as we are building a brand new office in the [email protected] district.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.