Director of Engineering
Descripción de la oferta
Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. You can work at home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva Vault is a leading cloud document management platform supporting multiple Vault applications for life sciences. This role is part of the Vault Commercial Content team that builds world-class products to allow customers to efficiently share and manage documents and digital assets through their lifecycle, with a key focus on approving and distributing compliant content for promotional and medical use.
In this role, you will lead teams of engineers and drive the execution and delivery for critical areas of the product that include Digital Asset Management, Brand and Medical Portals, as well as integrations with Veeva CRM and content authoring tools in the content supply chain.
Opportunities are available across Europe as this is a Work Anywhere role, including our hub offices (Oxford, Frankfurt, Paris, Barcelona).
What You’ll Do
- Drive the execution and delivery of product features by collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Lead key engineering initiatives to improve overall engineering effectiveness and productivity
- Iteratively define and refine development processes and engineering best practices as teams grow
- Recruit, challenge, and reward high-performing software engineers and managers.
- Work in an agile, small team environment with a focus on speed and quality
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine the best solutions, help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team
- 10+ years developing commercial software in Java
- 5+ years of software engineering management experience using an Agile development process
- 3+ years of experience managing two or more engineering teams, including second-line management experience
- Current hands-on development experience and knowledge on open-source Java Stack (Java, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Junit, Tomcat, Linux, etc.).
- Smart, quick learner, proactive, comfortable working with unknowns and dynamically evolving requirements
- Proven ability to hire, mentor, coach, and lead a team to success
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- Expertise in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience building application development tools, APIs, and/or enterprise application platform software
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice.
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.