Software Engineer - Voice Connectivity
Descripción de la oferta
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio, the world’s leading cloud communication platform, continues to grow and is seeking a talented Software Engineer to join its Voice Connectivity team in Madrid/Spain. As a member of this team, you will be in charge of implementing and maintaining real-time voice services at a global scale by developing, deploying and managing a complex distributed cloud platform with global points of presence. You’ll be working on expanding Twilio’s International Emergency-Calling capabilities, on the signalling components that exist at our Twilio “edges” as well as on building new features for our Voice products, dealing with challenges regarding availability, throughput, latency, real-time data and distributed storage every step of the way. Join us at Twilio, a Silicon Valley unicorn that has never lost its startup “heart and soul” and whose worldwide impact continues to soar. Become part of one of its first and most important business units (V&V: Voice and Video) and be part of the journey to fuel the future of communications.
Twilio is looking for a passionate Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a personal drive for building great products and features with a focus on quality, innovation and teamwork. They also have:
- A minimum 2+ years of hands-on experience developing and scaling complex distributed systems based on popular JVM languages. Expertise in at least one web stack and framework.
- Extensive experience scaling production backend systems. Can design and develop horizontally-scalable, resilient and performing-under-load systems. Hands on experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, OpenStack or Azure.
- Mastery of Agile processes, continuous integration and test automation.
- Ability to operate from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services.
- Ideally, experience in a production DevOps environment, SIP, VoIP, Kafka and Docker.
As a Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Value the importance of keeping your team’s documentation up-to-date, having focused meetings with clear agenda/notes as well as sharing architectural designs and feedback across our teams through our own blueprint process.
- DRAW THE OWL: Explore and create your own solutions to problems and connect with like-minded and easy-going colleagues to self-organize, innovate and build Voice products together.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: You build it, you own it! We believe that there’s no better way of knowing and caring for your products/services than owning them from start to finish. We expect you to be bold and think outside the box while doing so, put your creativity to the test!
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Teamwork and companionship does not begin and end inside your team, it runs throughout our offices and vast network of Twilions, where everyone is always ready to help and see others succeed. Buddy programs, regular tech-talks, product demos and team-building events are just some examples, but this spirit is truly at the core of our daily-interactions.
- NO SHENANIGANS: We’re committed to a work-culture where diverse and honest opinions are shared openly and frequently. A culture where there’s no “we/they” and problems or issues are brought up and tackled as a team.
A great day for you would be working alongside a small but collaborative team, building APIs on top of one of Twilio’s largest platforms, both in user base and in revenue. In doing so, you’re pushing production code impacting millions of developers, helping companies solve their problems. At the same time, you will be helping more junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers.
Voice Connectivity enables builders to create unique communication experiences to make, receive, and control voice interactions around the globe. Operating worldwide infrastructure for connecting calls is vital to Twilio’s success. Our team in Madrid was born mid-2019 and is the newest addition to these efforts, where they are now proudly taking on bigger challenges and responsibilities.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located out of our Madrid, Spain office at Paseo de la Castellana, 77, although working remotely is also an option. Here, over 60 Twilions are fully dedicating their skills to our different products and initiatives while at the same time creating a unique office-culture in what has become one of Twilio’s fastest growing “tech-hub” offices worldwide. An office that, as this year’s terrible COVID-19 pandemic has shown us, can overcome any challenges and stay focused and united during difficult times, always putting the safety and health of our employees and their families first. We have proven we can all have a strong impact and coordinate well together no matter where we work from.
Around the globe, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well-being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.